At this point, we all know that social media plays an important role in online marketing. But do you know the latest trends? What should you be adding to your social media strategy? The big three are Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, but did you know that Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Snapchat are new and trending? We’re here to help you stay up-to-date with trends in social media!
Trends in Social Media Marketing
- Whether it’s a YouTube video, a Snapchat video, or a live video on Facebook or Instagram, video is where it’s at right now!
- For example Dr. Miami, or Michael Salzhauer, is creating live picture and video content for Snapchat of his patients’ plastic surgery procedures. Apparently this has helped him immensely in bringing in new clientele.
- This is a must at this point. So many people have smartphones and tablets, while not as many people are solely using a desktop anymore. Your website needs to look nice and be easy to navigate through a mobile device.
- This is an automated service to help with customer relation management and to answer customers’ simple requests. This is a great way to make sure all your customers’ questions get answered and are answered quickly as well.
- Paid content
- Social media platforms are a great place to advertise your business, but people want paid content that is also personalized. So, definitely make use of how far social media advertising has come, but be wary of losing that personal touch.
- Augmented reality
- Snapchat is the first platform that comes to mind with all of the available face filters, but Instagram has also joined in with filters of their own. This might be a good time to use this in your social media marketing as it seems to be growing and improving.
Interested in getting more involved in social media, but don’t know where to start? We can help!